Dogs and Cats Veterinary Referral and Emergency is seeking experienced technicians to help grow and support our Emergency and Critical Care services. We have Full-Time Positions available for Emergency Triage and ICU technicians.
If you are a career-minded technician who wishes to work in collaborative and supportive team-centered environment, where teaching, learning, and career advancement are encouraged, this is the place for you!
Apply now! Application upload is below.
• Care and husbandry of patients in an emergency and critical care setting
• Triage and treatment of critical and non-critical emergencies
• Intensive care nursing and continuous monitoring of patients, including, but not limited to, vital signs, blood pressure, ECG, fluid ins and outs, intake and eliminations, peripheral and central intravenous catheter care, urinary catheter care, chest tube and tracheostomy care, pain scoring, and level of consciousness
• Ability to calculate doses and administer intravenous drugs and fluids
• Ability to obtain and analyze laboratory samples, including blood, urine, and stool at a minimum
• Catheter placement- peripheral intravenous catheters at minimum, experience with urinary and central venous catheters a plus!
• Ability to provide compassionate care to patients and clients in a fast paced environment
• Time management, initiative, and prioritization of tasks are a must!
• a privately owned full-service 24-hour emergency and referral facility with 7 on-site specialists, 8 internship and/or critical care trained emergency doctors, and a talented staff of 35 technicians and assistants!
• a teaching hospital! Working with us ensures training in advanced emergency and critical care techniques and procedures, anesthesia, leadership skills, client service and communication skills, and compassionate nursing care
• a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, simple IRA with employer matching contribution, short term disability insurance, life insurance, continuing education allowance, and uniform allowance.
• Flexible scheduling
• opportunities for job expansion and advancement
• a fully equipped facility with state-of-the-art equipment and treatment modalities
• a fully integrated Idexx in-house laboratory, including ProCyte, SediVue, Catalyst Dx, Snapshot Dx, VetStat, Coag Dx and more!
• Idexx Cornerstone practice management software
• digital radiography, ultrasound, CT and MRI on-site
• video endoscopy, cystoscopy, and laparoscopy
• climate controlled oxygen therapy cage
• telemetric ECG system
The ideal candidate will have:
• A minimum of 2 years of experience- specialty or emergency experience preferred, but we are willing to train the right individual!
• Excellent nursing care and critical thinking skills
• A flexible schedule, and willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Eagerness to learn and grow in their position
• A passion for helping pets and their people!
If you are looking to join a talented, supportive, and passionate team of veterinarians and support staff, look no further!
Please fill out the employment application, linked below. Once completed you may upload it along with your resume.