Dogs and Cats Veterinary Referral and Emergency is seeking experienced technicians to help grow and support our Emergency and Critical Care service. Do you love to work with challenging critical cases? Do you seek the rewards of helping pets and clients who are seeking the most advanced and state of the art care? If you are a career-minded technician seeking work in collaborative and supportive team-centered environment, where teaching, learning, and career advancement are encouraged, we are looking for you!
Who we are:
• A full-service 24-hour emergency and referral facility with 7 on-site specialists, 5 internship and/or critical care trained emergency doctors, and a talented staff of 35 technicians and assistants!
• A teaching hospital! We provide training in advanced emergency and critical care techniques and procedures, anesthesia, leadership skills, client service and communication skills.
• One big, happy family! No separate businesses under this roof- come be a part of one big team, all working toward the same goal: to provide compassionate and advanced care to our clients and patients
• A friendly, fun, and down-to-earth group of people who love Chinese food, cookies, donuts, and finding reasons to have hospital potlucks!
What we offer:
• a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, retirement plan, short term disability insurance, life insurance, continuing education allowance, and uniform allowance.
• opportunities for job expansion and advancement
• a fully equipped facility with state-of-the-art equipment and treatment modalities, including
o a fully integrated Idexx in-house laboratory, including ProCyte, SediVue, Catalyst Dx, Snapshot Dx, VetStat, Coag Dx
o Idexx Cornerstone practice management software
o digital radiography, ultrasound, CT, and MRI on-site
o video endoscopy, cystoscopy, and laparoscopy
o climate controlled oxygen therapy cage
o telemetric ECG system
The ideal candidate will have:
• Excellent nursing care and critical thinking skills
• A flexible schedule, and willingness to work weekends and holidays
• Eagerness to learn and grow in their position- experience is a plus, but not required, as we will train the right person!
• A desire to work with some of the best and brightest doctors and technicians in the field, in a fun and supportive environment
If you are looking to join a talented, supportive, and passionate team of veterinarians and support staff, look no further!
To apply for a position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 301-809-0900. We look forward to hearing from you!