Dogs and Cats Veterinary Referral & Emergency strives to provide the highest quality care for critically ill or injured pets. Our veterinary emergency hospital in Bowie, MD, is staffed with trained emergency doctors and technicians to provide 24-hour patient care. We are open 7 days a week and all holidays. Our ER works in collaboration with our team of highly skilled veterinary specialists to ensure your pet receives the best in critical care services for pets in Bowie, MD at all times.
Consultation & Examination
- Our service functions 24 hours a day to provide excellent emergency care, critical/intensive care, and hospitalization services.
- Much like a human hospital, pets are seen in order of arrival and based on the severity of their condition.
- Upon presentation, your pet will be triaged by one of our skilled veterinary technicians. This is a rapid assessment to ensure that the most critically ill or injured patients receive immediate intervention and evaluation by a doctor.
- If your pet is in critical condition, we may ask you to sign an emergency stabilization form allowing us to perform immediate life-saving treatments as well as outlining the minimum cost for such care.
- Following triage and/or stabilization, you will have the opportunity to speak with an emergency doctor regarding your pet’s condition.
- The emergency doctor will perform a complete physical examination and evaluation, discuss appropriate diagnostics, and provide treatment plan options accompanied by a thorough estimate for the proposed plan.
- If your pet must be hospitalized in our intensive care unit, a pre-payment of the high end of the estimate presented to you by the emergency doctor is required. View Payment Policy
- During hospitalization, you can expect daily phone updates by your pet’s attending doctor to discuss his/her progress. Learn More
- Visiting hours for hospitalized patients are from 12 pm - 8 pm daily and visits can be arranged in advance with your pet’s attending technician.
- When it is time for your pet to be discharged from our hospital, we will thoroughly explain the recovery process and let you know what to expect as you care for your pet at home